3.8 - Environmental demands of human populations
Lesson 1 - Ecological footprints
- Calculate your carbon footprint: http://footprint.wwf.org.uk/
- What factors can increase or decrease your ecological footprint?
- Discuss whether MEDCs or LEDCs would have a higher ecological footprint.
- Watch Panaroma: Water Issues
Lesson 2 - International policies
Individually, you will be asked to prepare a 2-minute summary of one of the following topics. For this, prepare 2-3 slides in the following presentation that do the following:
- Summarize the nature and scope of the topic (how it works)
- Describe how the topic will effect human populations - fertility, birth rate, death rate, growth
- Describe how the topic will effect mankind's ecological footprint
- China's one-child policy
- Ireland's abortion laws
- Millennium Development Goal #1 and #6
- Millennium Development Goal #2 and #3
- Millennium Development Goal #4 and #5
- Millennium Development Goal #7 and #8
- Earth Overshoot Day
Study for quiz!